Senior Data Scientist - Position Overview
Apply on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3033727545/
GridMatrix is looking for an experienced, proactive, and self-driven Senior Data Scientist to join our growing Data Science team.
Working at GridMatrix is like working with an exciting and motivated family. You will work closely with the CTO, CEO, and other members of GridMatrix’s technical organization, including other Data Science and DevOps engineering staff. In addition, the Senior Data Scientist will work with GridMatrix’s technical advisory staff, which currently includes an advisor for Autonomous Vehicle Technology, an advisor for Machine Vision, and an advisor for Machine Learning & Data Science.
The Senior Data Scientist will also work closely with GridMatrix’s external engineering development teams and play a major key for transitioning all engineering in-house.
- Support the technical development and implementation of GridMatrix’s customer facing dashboard.
- Use techniques from machine vision and perception to extract data from live video footage.
- Find ways to use this data to optimize/tune object detection and classification algorithms.
- Use the results of those processes with applied statistical methods to calculate metrics of vehicular and pedestrian traffic flow.
- Uncover the answers to major questions that will help GridMatrix make objective decisions.
Conferences & Travel
In this role, the Senior Data Scientist may be required to travel to support GridMatrix’s business needs. These needs may include both domestic and international travel to represent the company at industry conferences and demonstrations of its technology to prospective customers and other stakeholders.
Ideal Qualifications (not hard qualifications - if you're not sure, please apply!)
- PhD in a quantitative field and/or 4+ years of experience in experimentation,object detection, classification, or related field.
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- Fluency in Python and SQL .
- Experience with cloud hosting services and storage of both unstructured and structured data.
- Experience with processing live data streams or machine vision work
- A passion and an understanding of GridMatrix’s mission and values.
- Experience working in a tech startup or an agency serving tech startups.
- Experience with SiSense
The Senior Data Scientist will be eligible to receive performance based equity compensation.
Salary & Other Compensation
GridMatrix offers competitive compensation, including salary, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, company supplied computer, annual WeWork subscription, as well as a 401K plan with company matching.
GridMatrix welcomes applications from individuals with diverse professional backgrounds. GridMatrix is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. GridMatrix makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.