Cloud Engineer - Position Overview
Apply on Linkedin
About the job
Cities globally are undergoing a transformation ushered in by advances across electric, autonomous, connected, and shared mobility technologies. These advances are both challenges and opportunities that cities must embrace to realize their most important goals. Cities are already implementing the digital infrastructure required to reduce their carbon footprints at a gigaton scale, put essential services within 15 minutes of every resident, and boost their economic competitiveness.
At GridMatrix, we are the market-leading builders of this next-generation digital infrastructure. Our solutions are accelerating adoption and progress across each of these verticals in cities around the world. We’re a fast growing startup working with cities globally, making them more efficient, safer, and sustainable. Our data is already employed to mitigate emissions from millions of vehicles, detect traffic accidents and road hazards in real time, and fuse data from hundreds of edge sensors with cloud data at a petabyte scale. We’re backed by leading VCs like 8VC & Cota Capital, and we know it’s just the beginning.
GridMatrix was co-founded in 2021 by a group of former Apple engineering and operations colleagues. The GridMatrix team brings over 100 years of experience and 22 patents in both hardware and software product development to the company’s solutions. This is a team of builders and makers that knows how to ship category-defining products that billions of people use every day.
The Cloud/Senior Cloud Engineer will work closely with GridMatrix’s perception, data science, and UI engineering SMEs to optimize the company’s data pipeline and cloud infrastructure. Primary responsibilities include deploying new pipelines for customers, managing architecture for cost and performance, and measuring the impact of new features in each of these areas.
Cloud Data Skills
- AWS/enterprise cloud experience
- Snowflake/data lake experience
- SiSense/enterprise BI experience
- Experience with real time data streams
- Experience with combined edge and cloud storage
- Experience with secondary cloud providers for archival storage
Project Management Skills
- Bias for action
- Deadlines matter
- Reporting and communication matter
People Management Skills
- Coordinating contract engineers with internal technical staff and managing responsibilities to execute effectively
- Cross-functional support and interface, can supply written content to support grants, RFPs, etc.
- Wants to build a market leading product
- Results orientation - can always answer “so what” when they’re done
- Mission driven for impact, cares about building something for everyone
- Lifelong learning mentality
- BA/BS in an analytical discipline
- MS in mathematics, computer science, data science, or equivalent work experience
- 2-4+ YOE in a cloud engineering role in the following areas: quantitative finance, IOT, ad-sales analytics, payments processing, or similar
- Position Type: Full-time, salaried
- Location: remote
- Sponsored: No
- Equity: Eligible
- Benefits: Unlimited PTO, 401K matching, medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Travel: Domestic & International 0-25%
GridMatrix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.